Sunday, November 20, 2011

66. My Bucket List: Personal Artistic Goals 2011

Bucket List: A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket".

The below is part "bucket list," part "goals for the future," and part "ways I want to create my life." I wrote this list as a brain-storm exercise for the Juilliard Personal Statement. Probably not going to include any of it in the final draft of the statement, but I thought that the act of writing the list was valuable. I also thought that it would be an important thing to post on the blog... as a record of what I would like to do in the future. 

Who knows? Maybe I'll look back on this post years from now and be able to go through the list and check off a bunch of things...or maybe even ALL of them. Hope so!!! Wouldn't that be an awesome feeling???

Here's my Bucket List of Personal Artistic Goals 2011...

  • I want to love my life and die knowing that I lived it exactly the way I wanted to.
  • I always want to remember to be grateful for every opportunity that comes my way.
  • I want earn the respect the artists that I respect and admire as a valued artistic collaborator.
  • I want to serve our society in the best way that my unique talents will allow and inspire others to do the same.
  • I want to be able to give back to those that have been positive influences for me along the way. I would love to be a mentor to up-and-coming artists or stay involved with my former school as an alumni who gives back.
  • I want the process of “getting there” to be just as enjoyable (if not more so) than achieving my “goals."
  • I want to work on projects with passionate people that also want their art to make a difference in people’s lives.
  • I want to be a person that others enjoy working with.
  • I want to create a sustainable life for myself, financially and creatively.
  • I want to be able to pay my bills and take care of my family and thrive on the pay I receive from my acting.
  • I want to attract an agent that truly believes in my abilities and versatility as an actor, understands how to best represent me within the industry, shares my vision for my artistic career and will have an unwavering work ethic because he/she LOVES his/her job.
  • I want to have fun.
  • I would like to voice an audiobook.
  • I want to find a life partner who will love me unconditionally and will always support me in my life's work.
  • I want to constantly grow and be challenged and always pursue excellence.
  • I want to get really confident in my skills as an actor. I want to create such a strong foundation in my work, that I can look forward to a life-long career.
  • I want to work with people I LOVE and am inspired by.
  • I would like to be a regular on a televisions series that feels like a company of  super-skilled, excellence-pursuing, like-minded artists all working together to create the best show on television.
  • I want to be a part of a community of like-minded artists in New York City and Los Angeles.
  • I want to be a smart business woman.
  • I want to live debt-free.
  • I want to own my own home.
  • I want to have health insurance.
  • I want to travel and experience different cultures.
  • I want to be able to afford to fly home and see my family whenever I want to.
  • I want to originate a role on Broadway.
  • I want to write a book and have it published somewhere.
  • I want to write a play and see it produced someday.
  • I want to create a successful enough career as an artist to be able to have creative artistic choice is selecting my jobs, such that I can choose my jobs because I LOVE them and I BELIEVE in them, not because I need the money.
  • I want to be remembered as someone that left a positive impact on the world in my own small way.
  • I never want to stop learning... EVER.
  • I will stop doing all of the above… on the day I die.


What's in your bucket?

Loves,
V

"You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need"
- The Rolling Stones



2 comments:

  1. Hmm.... I think I need to write one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list... I've written goals before, and some are similar to yours, but I really like how you've worded them... I might (respectfully) plagiarize you.

    ReplyDelete