Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The CA Family Play #8: Trust

Our greatest collaborators are often our greatest friends.



This California Family Play is really happening!!!!

Matt Steiner, Stan Richardson and I had a meeting at MexiQ over some tacos and margaritas to discuss our experience of the research trip last month.

We all batted around our different perspectives and perceptions of our time there. That's what I LOVE about working with your friends, ya know? You can just feel free to be totally open and say whatever you feel...because you trust each other. There's a solid foundation of love and mutual respect.

Collaborative JOY!!!!!

I am so lucky to be working on this project with these guys and I can't wait to share it with YOU in the winter when we produce the actual PLAY.

I am terrified and exhilarated at the thought.

Thank you to all of my AMAZING family members were so welcoming, open and willing to participate by opening up their hearts and sharing their memories, thoughts and experiences with us.

Especially these guys...my brothers...Kevin, Steven and David (who is also the illustrator of this cartoon portrait.)

OHHHHH, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!




Can't wait to introduce you all to my family. I will keep you posted as more developments happen with the play and as soon as performance details are solidified.

Fun, right?

Loves
V

"The way you help heal the world is you start with your own family." ― Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment