Tuesday, December 13, 2011

86. Fake It Til Ya Make It

"Action may not always be happiness...but there is no happiness without action." - Benjamin Disraeli in Lothair

I am sooooo not feeling it today.

It's one of those going-through-the-motions days. You know...when you're "here" but you're not really present.

Yup. Me-not-with-it = Today

However, I am taking comfort in the fact that I am still making it through the motions...I got out of bed, showed up to work on-time, accomplished things, spent time memorizing my classical monologue, ate well, got home from work at reasonable hour... and now I am going to the gym...to sweat and hopefully get out of this funk.

Nothing's "wrong"... in fact, everything is pretty damn awesome... comparatively. I just feel like all the joy was sucked out of my soul today. Maybe it's hormones? Maybe my body is fighting off that cold that everybody is getting? Maybe I don't have enough romance in my life? Maybe I need more sleep? Maybe I just need to step outside my bubble and get some freakin' perspective on the world? I do want to appreciate all my many blessings.

Maybe I'm just fine? Yup. Probably.

Soooo, I guess my strategy is to keep on faking-it like I'm feelin' good and continue taking action to do things that I know are good for me... like get my heart pumping at the gym... and hopefully my sense of inner joy will catch a hint and begin to feel more authentic.

Stickin' with it, though...whether I "feel" like it or no.

Stubbornly committed,
Virginia

P.S. Lighten-up, Wilcox...laugh a little. That'll do you some good. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment