Thursday, January 12, 2012

112. Monologue Testers

It's so fun to act in front of non-actors. Because they just think you're awesome no matter what you do...or they laugh at how weird you are...either way.... It's such a relief... because they're just enjoying your interpretation of the text without judging the "performance." 

Some shout-outs to my recent monologue testers:

Thanks, Crissy...for running across the street with me and almost getting hit by a taxi while I was yelling my monologue to the sky and you were cracking up. 

(I wish acting could be this goofy/fun all the time. Why do we take ourselves so seeeeeriously?)

And thank you to DP for laughing in places that I didn't even know were funny...and giving me "feedback" even when I told you not to. Your support and words of wisdom are solid gold. 

DP: "Just go in there and be like...THIS IS MEEEE BITCHES!" 

Yes.Yes. I think I shall. ;-P

And thanks to CC for reminding me that Shakespeare is supposed to sound "heightened" because it's poetry. Beautiful.

Art is sooooo subjective.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

So next time somebody tries to trash your treasure...tell them that this treasure you made wasn't for them...you made it for someone who will see the value in it...see the beauty...share the vision.

Someone out there is just waiting to discover your treasure.

Sexy, right?

Loves,
V


"You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge." - Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth



No comments:

Post a Comment