Monday, January 16, 2012

115. Procrastination

"You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." ~Martin Luther King Jr.

What is happening today? This is what's happening... You've had TONS of time to do everything you needed to do...And yet, you are finding a million low-priority things to busy yourself with...none of which are the important task that's weighing on your mind and making your tummy a bit queasy...You know, the one that you MUST accomplish by the end of the day orrrrrr else consequences will be had.

Procrastination....Not my friend...But we do spend a lot of time together. True story.

How to motivate oneself to motivate oneself?

Need a solid tip to get off your a$$ and do that thing that's gotta get done...TODAY?

CLICK HERE FOR WORDS OF WISDOM

Sending you all the peace-of-mind that comes with the completion of a task that you've been actively avoiding.

Juuuuuust DO IT!

Loves,
V

"...[He] who waits until circumstances completely favor his undertaking, will never accomplish anything." ~ Martin Luther

 P.S. Did two monologues in my living room for my friend E. Don't know exactly how I felt about them. Fine, I suppose. I did realize that I have a hard time focusing on "the moment before." I tend to take-on the energy of the room, rather than creating my own energy based on the given circumstances of the monologue...especially with the first piece. By the second piece, I've kind-of "warmed-up," I think, and it's easier for me to focus. Also, I am having some resistance to really getting super passionately lovey-dovey with my Shakespeare piece...which it sort-of requires. But, personally for me right now, that whole "romance" thing is not an emotion that I've felt recently, so accessing it is taking some...um...imagination to muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment