Thursday, January 26, 2012

124. Bathe Your Brain

You know how soothing it feels to take a warm bath...and let your muscles release all those toxins down the drain?

Well, what about bathing your brain in some soothing affirmations to help calm those pre-audition nerves?

These affirmations are taken from Jack Plotnick's AMMMMAZING online book New Thoughts For Actors, with just a couple of minor adjustments from me. I hope you'll find one or two that'll help your brain find the peace that will help to do your best work and have a joyful audition experience.

·      I release my need to control this audition.  I know that I am not strong enough to control it, and therefore ask my higher power to be there to lovingly guide me through it.

·      I am going to approach this monologue as an improv.

·      I release and destroy my need to be an “Actor”.  Let them be the “Actors”, and have all the responsibilities that come with it.  I am just here to be myself and have fun. (or simply “I’m not an actor.  I’m just here to be myself and have fun.”)

·      (For Comedy) I release my need to be funny.  I am here to tickle myself.

·      (For Drama) I will not make choices, however I will allow choices to happen.

·      I release and destroy my need to impress them.  F^*k them.  I can allow myself to hate them. 

·      I release and destroy my need to get this job. I already have a job. My job is to be a joyful artist.

·      I am going to take it from where I am
  
·      I am grateful for all the good in my life.  I am worthy of all the good in my life.

·      All is well in my world.  I am one with the universe and have more than I need.

·      I am relaxed, trusting in a higher plan that is unfolding for me.

·      I release and destroy my attachment to results.  I am here to enjoy the journey.

·      I release and destroy my need to feel unworthy.  I know that I am worthy of all the good in life and now lovingly allow myself to accept it.  As I repeat this affirmation, my outer effect of procrastination fades away and I no longer feel the need to delay my own good.

·      This, or something greater, for my highest good, and the highest good of all concerned.


What's the point of thinking a thought, unless it helps you create a joyful reality for yourself?

Bathe your brain in some warm, loving thoughts...rinse and repeat, as needed.

Thoughts become things...think good ones. Be loving to yourself.

Think, think, think...and let it go,
V

P.S. No blog post on Friday...day off (as usual).

P.P.S. Me + Julliard Audition + Saturday = Excitement

P.P.P.S. I'm at 95 email subscribers! Isn't that CRAZY? I think it'd be so cool to get to 100 before the project is done. Tell somebody you think would like the blog to subscribe! The more the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. This Jack Plotnick is the real deal. These are the thoughts that lead to the most exciting work and to the stuff that you don't expect to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete