Thursday, January 19, 2012

118. You Are The Decisive Element

My friend Christine posted this quote on my FB wall today and I have to share it with you all because it's real good and very "Acceptance-Project-y."

“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hope you enjoy that as a little bedtime food for thought.

Loves,
V

P.S. (RE: Monologue Practice) Haven't been getting enough sleep. Got home. Did my monologue for my roommate L. Hardly even know how it went, I am so tired...too tired to care. Anyways, I did it...so I can check that off the list. I like checking things off of lists...even in my tiredness...I can always muster some excitement for lists.

P.P.S. Personal goal for 2012 accomplished...Druuuuuum Rooooolllllll...I opened a Roth IRA today. LOL! It's TRUE. Isn't that so random? But I've been wanting to do this for yeeeeeears, just have never had enough money to do so. But I ain't getting any younger...so I finally saved up $1000 so I could freakin' open one of those things. Now...I think I'm going to set up an automatic transfer of like $50 a month to go into it. Hopefully, some time in the future, I'll be able to afford to contribute more, but for now I am just happy to have finally set the thing up. Makes me feel soooo OLD in a way, but good. I don't want to be broke my whole life and my future self will be soooooo happy with my past self for having done this....Oh, and the BEST part of this story is...I asked the banker who helped me open my Roth IRA to listen to one of my monologues. TRUE STORY!... Ha! Isn't that hilarious? I am crazy.... Anyway, he said yes and very kindly listened and wished me luck on my grad school auditions. What a sweetheart?! Thanks, Gary!

P.P.P.S. Happy Birthday to all those wonderful people born on January 19th!!!! No matter where you are or what you are doing, please know that I am thinking of you and sending you silent thoughts of love...always.

P.P.P.P.S. The "Interview With Daniel Talbot" posts Part 1 & Part 2 received over 200 hits yesterday. WOWZERS! Super awesome! Annnnd...BTW...Daniel's play Yosemite is incredible. I saw it last night... And...words...how to find the words? Let's just say...I had to leave the theatre immediately after the show because I knew I couldn't hold myself together and I wanted to be able to cry-my-eyes-out alone on my walk back to the subway. I seriously LOVED the play. It was so REAL and HONEST. I love that it hit me so deeply. I was so moved by the relationships in this heart-wrenching depiction of family connection. Families are so complicated. You love them...even when everything in your logical mind tells you that it's too painful to bear...you do anyway. You just love them. It may make you want to die...or kill someone else. You can't stop though...You just can't stop loving them anyway...Thank you, Daniel.

P.P.P.P.P.S. No blog post tomorrow. It's Friday.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Reminder: My NYU audition is on Sunday!!! I am very excited. And I'd like to request that you remember me in your prayers this weekend... Please send wishes that I will be joyously peaceful of spirit whilst auditioning. Your support is deeply felt and much appreciated. XO!

3 comments: